Happy Halloween! I always thought it'd be really cool to have a Halloween baby. As a kid, you'd always have tons of candy on your birthday. What's not to like? When I found out my second child's due date was November 1st, I figured I'd have a shot.
Penguin Girl got sent off to AW's house. She was ecstatic at the idea of not only trick-or-treating with her best friend but also having her very first sleepover. Meanwhile, Car Guy and I went off to the hospital to await my OB who had to take her own son trick-or-treating first. The hospital was super nice. Way nicer than the one where Penguin Girl was born. This one was like a hotel with WiFi, a big screen tv, and wood floors.
When the time came, I got my epidural. But it was not working well. Dr. B said she could call the anesthesiologist back to fix it but then I'd push like crap and the labor would drag on for hours. If I just pushed through the pain, she thought the baby would pop out within 30 minutes. It was already almost 10pm. Forget the drugs. I wanted my Halloween baby.
The whole time I was pushing, Dr. B and the nurse were very encouraging, saying the baby is almost out. Car Guy and I both thought they were just lying, just saying that to make me feel good because we both remembered that it took hours of pushing for Penguin Girl to be born. But we were totally wrong. They weren't lying. I pushed a few times and out popped my Halloween baby.
Happy birthday, little guy!

No comments:
Post a Comment