Saturday, May 21, 2011

Hopscotch

I played a lot of hopscotch in the schoolyard as a child.  I did not expect that out of my two kids Mr. Destructo would be the one to learn first.  The other day at the Race Car Park, he picked up a rock and led me to the hopscotch squares built into the flooring.  He knew to throw it onto a square and then did his best to hop and jump through all the single and double squares--with one hand behind his back.  Then he did a little jump to turn around and hopped-jumped his way back.  On the way back, he stopped to pick up the rock.

Later in the afternoon when Penguin Girl had gotten back from school, I asked her if she taught her brother how to play.  She vehemently responded, "No!  I didn't!  I don't even know how to play!"  Then I turned to Mr. Destructo and asked him where he learned his hopscotch.  His answer?  Curious George.  Of course.

No comments:

Post a Comment