Tuesday, November 8, 2011

He can ride a bike! All by himself!

Car Guy took the training wheels off Mr. Destructo's bike (which is Penguin Girl's old Dora the Explorer bike) and has tried to teach him by doing the ol' push-and-run. Today Mr. D wanted to go through the trees across the street from our house and ride in the parking lot of the condos on the other side. Car Guy put the kibosh on that, Mr. D had a fit, so Car Guy walked away. Mr. D decided that he'd show Car Guy that he didn't need help. He got on his bike and started riding BY HIMSELF!!!! He started riding without help out of spite.

That is EXACTLY how I learned how to ride a bike!  I was older, maybe 6 or 7, and the daughter of one of my parents' friends was visiting. She was older and already knew how to ride. She did the push-and-run thing for me and then she'd take a turn riding herself. At some point, she got tired of pushing me. I got mad and decided I would show her I didn't need help and that's how I started riding myself.

No comments:

Post a Comment