Mr. D: I'm going to tell L about my dream.
Me: What was your dream?
Mr. D: I dreamed L was at our house for a sleepover and he wouldn't stop talking so he wasn't sleeping. I said to go downstairs and we went downstairs to the garage.
Me: What did you do in the garage?
Mr. D: Played with lots and lots of Legos!
Me: That's a pretty good dream.
. . .
Mr. D: Mom? I think the kids at school are going to laugh at me.
Me: Why would they laugh at you?
Mr. D: Because I only have one egg for Easter.
Me: (a little puzzled because we don't celebrate Easter at all at home) But there is no Easter party at school. Why would anyone have any eggs?
Mr. D: Why is there no Easter party at school? I used to have a party.
Me: No, your school doesn't do anything for Easter.
Mr. D: But there is at my little school a long, long time ago.
Me: (very surprised because Mr. D is referring to the church preschool he attended 2 years ago) Yes, at your little school there was an Easter party. Do you remember what you did?
Mr. D: I remember. There were eggs on the playground.
Me: How many did you find?
Mr. D: I think I found one and the other kids had lots.
Me: No, I think you had three. I remember one looked like a football. Then a baseball and a soccer ball.
. . .
Mr. D: I think it's going to be T today and she wants to steal my lunch. (a running gag with one of the teachers who gets him out of the car by saying she will eat his lunch of he doesn't hurry and run to the schoolyard)
No comments:
Post a Comment