Mr. Destructo's usual self is very willful and stubborn and he will have a screaming fit because of anything that doesn't go his way. Plus, he has been sick and miserable for a full week. So miserable that he hardly eats a thing which makes the screaming fits all the more common.
Today I could see that the sickies are actually getting better. He's eating more than just a cracker at a time. I took him out shopping. My goal was to go to Staples and get poster board for a family tree project Penguin Girl has to do. Which of course I did not get because the poster board at Staples is barely thicker than construction paper! Grrr! But I digress...
First, Mr. Destructo and I went to Petco. I let him roam around and we saw cats, birds, fish, snakes, crickets, rats, ferrets, and guinea pigs. Then we went to Marshalls and I let him loose in the toy section. We left with a dinosaur puzzle, some vehicle shaped bath squirters, and a space buggy with little figures. Then onto our fruitless visit to Staples.
He happily climbed back in the car to go home. He had a nice lunch and a nice nap. He happily climbed into the car again when we went to meet Penguin Girl's bus. It was soooooo nice today not to have to wrestle him into the car seat at all! And when we got home, there was no instant fighting with Mr. Destructo trying to climb on Penguin Girl while she did homework. And we spent a nice bit of time playing with his space buggy and dinosaur puzzle. The dinosaurs like to terrorize the astronauts and space robot.
No comments:
Post a Comment