Wednesday, November 17, 2010

I Am Not Above Bribery

This morning Mr. Destructo and I went to the kids' museum.  Again.  We are really getting our money's worth out of this membership.  On the way back home, I needed to stop to get supplies for the Thanksgiving Feast at his school tomorrow.  Car Guy did not realize he was supposed to sign up and all the really easy stuff, like plates and cups, was long ago claimed.  We are supposed to bring finger sandwiches and mashed potatoes and gravy.  I can only get motivated enough to make sandwiches.  The gravy and mashed potatoes are coming out of cans and boxes.

I stopped at Target to get the supplies.  Mr. Destructo must play in the toy section whenever we go.  To get him out of the toy section and back home for lunch, I offered him the opportunity to select a pint of ice cream.  He happily left the toys and chose Ben & Jerry's Berry Voluntary.  After lunch, he got to sample the ice cream.  As I scooped some into a cup for him, I saw there were some really big, rectangular chunks of white chocolate in it.  He noticed them also.

Mr. D:  What's dat one?
Me:  That's chocolate.
Mr. D:  No!  (laughs as if he thinks I'm trying to trick him but he sees through me)  Is it soap?  Is it cheese?  (eats it)  It's good, Mom!

No comments:

Post a Comment